ID 63409 (Group I)
1. William Pearce born before 1655 probably England, died ca 1705 Herring
Creek, Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
The founding father of this particular Pearce line in America came
from England (perhaps Wales) to Maryland in 1655. He indentured himself to
Captain Thomas Howell for seven years to pay for his transportation
Maryland Patents, Liber Q. Folio 62 (1655)
At the end of his service in 1662 he received 100 acres of land, part of
"Pascall's Chance" (Maryland Rent Rolls, Liber #1, Folio 5A)
Daughter: Sarah (Pearce) Tipton, Wife of Johathan Tipton.
Son: William Pearce (m) Elizabeth Anderson
2. William Pearce born ca 1685 "Pascall's Chance", Herring Creek, Anne
Arundel Co., MD. died 9 Oct 1719 Pascall's Chance, Anne Arundel Co., MD
married: 5 Sep 1711 Herring Creek, Anne Arundel Co., MD., to Elizabeth
Anderson born 15 Oct 1664, Herring Creek, Anne Arundel Co., MD., died,
1717, Anne Arundel Co., MD, daughter of John Anderson and Elizabeth Pratt.
Children: William, John.
3. William Pearce, born Jan 1712, "Pascall's Chance", Herring Creek Hundred,
Anne Arundel County, Maryland, died 1783, Reckorville, Baltimore County,
Maryland, married 3 Jun 1735, St. Paul's Parrish, Baltimore, Baltimore Co.,
MD to Mary Crawford/Grawford, born, St Paul's Parish, King George County,
Virginia, died Reckorville, Maryland, Children: 9
4 Joseph Pearce, born 1752, "Molly's Industry", Towson, Baltimore County,
Maryland. died, 9 Feb 1829, Clynmalira, Baltimore County, Maryland. married
#1 bef 1779 Elizabeth Anderson, Born, ? MLM lots 45/46, died ca 1779.
married #2, 21 Aug 1761 St. James Parish, Monkton, Baltimore County,
Maryland, to Comfort Rebecca WYLE/WILEY, born, Clynmalira, Baltimore
County, Maryland, died, Clynmalira, Baltimore County, Maryland.
Daughter of Luke Wiley/Wyle and Cassandra Carr. Children: 6
5. Greenbury Wyle/Wiley Pearce, born, 23 Jul 1800, Clynmalira, MD, died 25
Nov 1855, Near Savona, Darke County, Ohio, married, 3 Jan 1827, Baltimore
Co., MD, to Sarah Curtis, born, 16 Sep 1803, Baltimore Co., MD., died 19 Jan
1878, Near Savona, Darke County, Ohio, daughter of William Curtis and Ann
6. Thomas Riley Pearce, born, 2 Oct 1838, Near Savona, Butler Twp., Darke
County, Ohio, died, 21 Apr 1925, Near Savona, Butler Twp., Darke County,
Ohio, married, 20 Sep 1860, Darke County, Ohio, to Susanna Coblentz, born
22 Apr 1843, died, 25 Apr 1911, Near Savona, Butler Twp., Darke County,
Ohio, Daughter of George Coblentz JR, and Eva Fouts.
7. Oliver Morton Pearce, born, 24 Aug 1863, near Savona, Butler Twp., Darke
County, Ohio, died 15 Apr 1928, West Manchester, Preble County, Ohio, A
Train /Auto Accident. Married, 7 Oct 1882, West Manchester, Preble County,
Ohio, to Sarah Studybaker/Studebaker, born, 14 Aug 1857 Near West
Manchester, Preble County, Ohio, died 26 Sep 1927, West Manchester, Preble County, Ohio, daughter of Joseph Studybaker and Elizabeth Somers. Children: 3
8. Joseph Ward Pearce, born 2 May 1883, Near Savona, Butler Twp., Darke
County, Ohio, died 13 Oct 1952, Near Otterbein Church, Butler Twp., Darke
County, Ohio, married #1: 24 Dec 1904,Arcanum, Darke County, Ohio, to
Carrie Pearl Crawford, born 23 Feb 1884, Near Beach Grove, Darke County,
Ohio, died 31 Jan 1915, Near Savona, Butler Twp., Darke County, Ohio, daughter of William Crawford and Mary Rogers.
married #2: 30 Apr 1916, Savona, Butler Twp., Darke County, Ohio, to Carrie Florance Jordan, born 27 Dec 1888, Bath County, Virginia, died 9 Sep 1961, New Madison, Darke County, Ohio. Daughter of John Harvey Jordan and Sarah Margaret Brooks.
#1 marriage 3 children
#2 marriage 6 children
ID 275961 (Group I)
1. Phillip Pierce (b. Kentucky - d. ?) married (unknown)
2. James Pierce (b. abt 1853 Indiana - d. unknown) married Sarah Coster (b. 1857 Missouri – d. unknown)
Children: James Franklin Pierce, Lee Pierce, Henry Rose Pierce, maybe others
3. James Franklin Pierce (b. 1876 Missouri – d. 1935 Florida)
married Minnie Louisa Dunnivant (b. 1882 Arkansas – d. 1980 Florida)
4. Jesse Edgar Pierce (1903 – 1999)
ID 668440 (Group I)
1. William Pearce Sr. 1690-1719 Born and died in Ann Arundel, MD.
m. 5 Sept 1711 Elizabeth Anderson b. 1694 MD d. ?
2. William Pearce Jr. b. 1713 Ann Arundel Co, MD d. 1783 Recorville, Baltimore,
MD. m. 3 June 1735 Mary Crawford b. 1716 King George, VA d. 1770 Recorville,
3. Philip Crawford Pearce (sometimes misspelled as "Grafford")
b. 12 Feb 1744 Towson, MD
m. Rachel Wheeler 1761 MD d. 1817 Orange Co, IN
1779 Served in Maryland militia in Revolutionary War
1790 Lived a few years in North Carolina before moving to Kentucky
1808 to before 1818. Settled in Shelby County, Kentucky
2nd wife: Catherine McCabe b. 1770 d. ?
Philip died August 1731. (will as proof)
4. Absalom Pearce b. 1773 Baltimore MD d. 1853, Ohio County, KY
Married 3 times. Diademia Webb; Polly Casey; Ruth ? (My line comes from Polly)
Polly Casey aka Molly b. 1799 Shelby Co, KY d. 1838 Ann Arundel, MD
"Molly's Industry" land named after her.
5. Absalom Pearce Jr. b. 1820 Ohio County, KY d. 1892 Webster County, KY
m. Sarah Hicks 1831-1920 KY
6. Daniel Ousley Pearce b. 1873 Webster Co, KY d. 1926 Henderson Co, KY
m. Frances Belle Pearce (2nd cousin) b. 1881 KY d. 1947 Evansville, IN
(Frances was the daughter of Absalom Benjamin Pearce and Viana Mason of KY)
I have their pictures.
7. Merrill D. Pearce b. 1904 Henderson Co, KY d. 1977 White Co, IL
m. Lillie Sue Clay b. 1904 TX d. 1970 Henderson Co, KY
8. Charles Norman Pearce b. 1937 Evansville, IN d. 2002 Evansville, IN
m. Nancy Lee Wells b. 1937 CT d. 2015 Hamilton Co, IL